Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Is this your child?


A man carries the body of a child recovered from the rubble of a destroyed house after an air strike in Baghdad's Sadr City in Iraq on April 29, 2008. (REUTERS/Kareem Raheem)

Look closer... is this your child?
No !
Alhamdolilah my children are safe.

Think for a second... if this was your child? how would you react? I am not a father yet... but I know how much my parents love me and how they waqf their life for me... thats the kind of love All Mighty has given to the parents... can you "sense" the height of pain and grief, the mother and father of this child went through? I don't think so any one could express that in words alone ! they way my heart ache, the way tears fell from my eyes and the kind of grief I felt... it is indeed very difficult to survive such an incident.

Are we here just to sit and watch all this happening? it happened in Bosnia, in Iraq, in Chechniya, in Afghanistan, in NWFP... should we just sit and wait for our turn? or can we do something to prevent it? to counter it?... something? anything?... had we think over it seriously? do we have any plan to work over? are we planning or preparing? if not then why?