Vacancy for a “Distinguished SQA Engineer” in the Technology Department/Karachi
Vacant position: Distinguished SQA Engineer
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Timings: 0900 – 1800 PST
No of Position: 01
· Generate test cases per requirements, functional specifications, and test case templates.
· Test applications across multiple Operating Systems and browsers for GUI, functional, and scenario defects.
· Record and update defects, and verify defect fixes, using the JIRA defect tracking tool.
· Any other testing/ planning task given by the SQA Project Manager.
· Perform hands-on testing according to the testing plan provided by the SQA Project Manager.
· Have complete functional knowledge of current project assigned.
· Advise and help SQA team in matters related to testing.
· Adhere to SQA Methodology document during the testing cycles.
· Review requirements and functional specifications to provide testability and implementation advice.
· Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise QA Team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
· Make recommendations, accept direction, monitor and motivate SQA Team to excellence.
· Provide suggestions for improvement of QA efficiency.
· Identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
· Develop test cases for new improvements.
· Calculate testing effort LOE for improvements.
· Lead the automation of the testing of the application.
· Attend all appropriate design meetings with SQA DEs to give (recommend quality improvements, testability issues) and receive/disseminate (inform QA Team and QA Manager) test and project information.
· Participate in requirements de-briefing and requirements gathering and formation of the SRS.
· Ensure the User Interface provided is complete and consistent with the application.
· Keep components updated in JIRA according to new improvements.
· Keeping track of all test cases for their application.
Interface with other department DEs to identify and resolve issues and conflicts
Educational & Experience Requirement
- Must have at over 10 years’ of hands-on Software Testing and Quality Assurance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BCS/BE) from accredited college-level institution in the software field
- MS/ MCS in software field (preferred)
- QA Certification (preferred)
Required Skill Set
- Individual who naturally looks for flaws, and is driven to suggest improvements.
- Have an understanding of automated testing, load testing & stress testing.
- Should be familiar with SQL.
Required Behavioral Traits
- Dependable, Enthusiastic, Motivated, Team Player, Detail Oriented.
- Excellent team player with ability to work independently and in time sensitive environments
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be highly organized and result oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced business environment with adoptability to change.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and speed are required for completion of every project.
- Must be a team player and should have skills to coordinate with cross cultural teams.
- Must have excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to stay calm and perform well under stressful conditions.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and follow up and follow through project schedules.
- Promote positive tone and high standards of quality within the group or department, and serves as a model to other team members
- Ability to learn new tools quickly to get the job done.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Must be willing to take additional responsibilities.
Individual is required on urgent basis, candidates fulfilling the above requirement criteria and can join immediately are encouraged to apply.
Note: This is a full time permanent position. Interested candidates should send their application/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 30th, 2011 and ensure the vacancy applied for is mentioned in the subject line.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.