Vacancy for a “Senior Software Engineer ” in the Technology Department/Karachi
Vacant position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Timings: 0900 – 1800 PST
No of Position: 01
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Ensures that code meets specifications. Writes code that is easily maintainable. Is able to debug own code for preliminary testing. Must practice standard software development methodologies and standards.
- Enhance, modify, and repair existing code.
- Contribute to the development, delivery and maintenance of technology-based business solutions.
- Code, test, and implement configuration changes to software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements.
- Will be involved in the full software development life-cycle in coordination with other engineers, QA, and designers and should be confident and adept in articulating ideas in a clear, well thought out manner.
- Generate innovative ideas and support new ideas or approaches that enhance service
· Ensure that all architectural/coding guidelines are followed.
- Assist Application Developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Individual will also provide guidance to and review the work of other team members as well as investigate ways to potentially improve existing code and implement improvements.
- Participating in requirements debriefing and finalizing requirements
- Participate in root-cause analysis, communicate options for resolution and provide recommendations to customer-facing technology problems
Educational & Experience Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information technology or equivalent experience
- Must have at least 3-6 years hands-on coding experience.
- Strong development experience. Work experience in frameworks like STRUTS, SPRING, Hibernate, Toplink etc. would be a plus.
Required Behavioral Traits
- Dependable, Enthusiastic, Motivated, Team Player, Detail Oriented.
- Excellent team player with ability to work independently and in time sensitive environments
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be highly organized and result oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast paced business environment with adoptability to change.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and speed are required for completion of every project.
- Must be a team player and should have skills to coordinate with cross cultural teams.
- Must have excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to stay calm and perform well under stressful conditions.
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and follow up and follow through project schedules.
- Promote positive tone and high standards of quality within the group or department, and serves as a model to other team members
- Ability to learn new tools quickly to get the job done.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Must be willing to take additional responsibilities.
Individual is required on urgent basis, candidates fulfilling the above requirement criteria and can join immediately are encouraged to apply.
Note: This is a full time permanent position. Interested candidates should send their application/resumes to email@example.com by Friday, January 6th, 2012 and ensure the vacancy applied for is mentioned in the subject line.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.