Monday, May 7, 2012

Strange SPAM Calls

I'm getting spam calls from almost a month or so from Warid Numbers starting with 0321, 0322, 0323, 0324 and numbers starting with +1, +3, +4, +6, +7 and +9. Also receive one call from "Private Number". My rough estimate is that I received SPAM calls from around 90 or 100 unique numbers. Majority of the SPAM calls ring for a second or so with out giving me enough time to pick the call. When I call back the same number it always give me the message that the number is busy. I even tried calling back during different times through out the day, but the same message "Number is busy".

In some cases I was able to pick up the call and after successful connection, no one responded from the other end. 

In some cases, some one (adult male) on the other side say hello and mumble some un comprehensible words. 

In one case, when I call back, it was received by the caller and I told him (adult male) that I received a call a minute ago from your number and this is the reason I called back to inquire, who you are and why you called me?. The caller said that he didn't call me and in fact got a miss call from my number and so he called me to inquire.

Today, i.e. 7th of May 2012, at 06:27 PM, I received another spam call from 03243700351 and the caller kept silent initially when I said "hello" a couple of times, then I mute the voice and the caller (adult male) said in urdu "bus yeh batana tha kay payment agee hay" and disconnected the call. 

Today, I called Telenor Helpline and they said they didn't have the incoming call logs and I should connect with the carrier from where the calls are originating from. I then called Warid helpline and they said that they can conduct inquiry on one or two numbers and not on hundreds of numbers (as in my case). They recommended me to visit the nearest Warid Customer Care Center and discuss my case with them, hopefully they would be able to help in this case.

Lets see how things unfold. Sharing it with you guys so that if any one of you can help me on this, I would appreciate that or may be if any one of you have gone or is going through the same experience, than please share because it will also help to understand and identify the pattern. Thanks!